Congratulatory Messages

Congratulatory Messages

Australians who are celebrating a milestone birthday or wedding anniversary can receive personal congratulations from the Prime Minister, Governor-General or The Queen.

Who is eligible for a congratulatory message?


    Prime Minister – 90th, 100th and every year thereafter
    Governor General – 100th and every year thereafter
    The Queen – 100th and every fifth year thereafter


    Prime Minister – 50th and every year thereafter
    Governor General – 50th and every year thereafter
    The Queen – 60th and every fifth year thereafter

You can arrange a congratulatory message via the office of Jason Wood MP by:

    Completing the Request a Congratulatory Message from; or
    Visiting the electorate office at Unit 3, 16 Langmore Lane, BERWICK VIC 3806

If you are applying for a message on behalf of a relative or friend who lives in another electorate, their local federal member will be notified so they can send a message too.

You will need to provide supporting documentation such as birth certificates or marriage certificates.

If these are not available you can provide a statutory declaration. Statutory declaration forms are available at any post office or from the electorate office.

Where appropriate, your request to the Prime Minister will be passed on to the Governor-General and The Queen so you only have to make one application.

When should I arrange the message?

    You can lodge a request for congratulatory messages up to two months before the celebration.
    You can also request a belated message up to one month after the birthday or wedding anniversary has passed.

Where will the message be delivered?

    Congratulatory messages can be posted directly to the recipient’s home address or alternatively to care-of address (such as a friend or relative) for surprises.
    More information about congratulatory messages are available at

To submit a request please contact the office on 03 9768 9164